Proposed Ian Murch to adopt these 4 Seconded (Helen Chapman) Carried.
1. Induction - Information and advice for NQTs. John Howarth reported on issues NQTs will need help with.
2. SEN Review - Proposed closure of Temple Bank School (visually impaired children). We have concerns over the support pupils might get when placed in mainstream. EBD provision, Ellar Carr closed and since then no provision for children with EBD. Units within mainstream to be the future. No detailed plan of how provision is to be in place. Concerns about the contribution of SERCO to improving education in Bradford.
3. Primary School Closures - Campaigns are building to turn around proposals to close the threatened Primaries. The process by which decisions are being made is far from fair and transparent.
4. Post 16 Provision - Action Plan consultation document in circulation at the moment. Proposing Federations of Providers and Centre for Learning Excellence. Employment rights could be threatened for staff in schools.
5. Post Threshold Point - Payment not before January, will be backdated to September 02.
6. Changing Bradford School Holiday Pattern - About to do consultation on this. Union is to conduct a consultation of members.
7. Budget Sheet - drawn to attention of meeting by John Howarth. Questions on this answered.
Next meeting November 12th.
Meeting closed at 6.45pm.
Meetings Archive Home